Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
Re my post above:

I can run a gigabit speed connection directly between my Nucleus+ server and my 140. No switch or router or anything between ethernet port on Nucleus+ and ethernet port on the 140. No router or switch settings to consider, in fact no settings I can make or alter at all. I can't change flow control or auto negotiation behaviour, neither the Nucleus or Devialet has settings to control those things. As stated several posts above, this is a virtually trouble free connection UNLESS I stream 192/24 content to the Devialet. There are virtually no problems at any other resolution.

Network is obviously part of it but what's the difference between 192/24 and other resolutions that makes 192/24 almost act as a switch turning the problem on? I haven't noticed problems at 176.4/24 but problems seem to always show up at 192/24.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 06-Jun-2019, 23:59