Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(31-Jul-2019, 09:20)petrik Wrote: I am puzzled by this "audio file is loading slowly" -problem. I have experienced this problem from the beginning and I haven't found any solution to it. I have tried different router settings, different routers, different switches (and without switches), different network cables, and running Roon Core on different computers (Windows 10 desktop, Windows 10 Laptop, Roon Nucleus+), but nothing helped.

But... recently I returned my Nucleus+ to my dealer (for a few different reasons) and I received a brand new Nucleus+. So yesterday I plugged the brand new Nucleus+ to the same gigabit network, and to my surprised it worked perfectly. I didn't change any settings in the router or switches. I was capable of streaming to my Devialet without any problems using RAAT on a gigabit network. I tried streaming both 16/44.1 kHz and high res (24/192 kHz) and everything worked perfectly fine.

It is really odd that I can get the RAAT streaming work perfectly fine with my new Nucleus+ but it didn't work with Windows 10 desktop, Windows 10 laptop, or my earlier Nucleus+. I'm puzzled. The root cause for the problem might be something complicated and hard to fix.

Hi Petrik, are also my experiences! With Roon on the MAC or Win PC always the slow loading and dropouts. With Roon Rock and Nucleus + everything is wonderful. Rolleyes
See entry #120

Attached Files
.pdf   Network-Home.pdf (Size: 103.43 KB / Downloads: 15)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by K4680 - 31-Jul-2019, 12:13