Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(08-Dec-2019, 10:12)Confused Wrote:
(08-Dec-2019, 09:00)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Now that the new Roon 1.7 with streaming improvements has been released, does anyone continue with cuts in the playback of 192/24 files or even lower resolutions?

Unfortunately, I still have cuts (about 5 or 6 seconds) although the slow network warning is not shown now.
This occurs using a Synology NAS (D-220 Pro and NAS both connected to the router directly without a switch with CAT 7 cable) and also with an external USB 3.0 HD. This happens with Roon RATT and a new powerful dedicated laptop with Windows 10 without running other programs.

I´m considering buying a NUC and installing ROCK but I am not sure that this will solve the problem  Huh .

Not being a network expert, i would appreciate any help since it seems that neither Devialet nor Roon will do it so after all this time.

Thank you very much.
Recently I changed from on old i5 PC to a much higher spec i9 9900K machine.  I have just tried some 24 bit material using the Devialet's Roon Ready mode via wired Ethernet.  I too get stuttering and the odd drop out for maybe 4 or 5 seconds when playing 24/192, but no audio file loading slowly message.  This is different behaviour to what I have seen in the past, when I did get the file loading slowly message.  So it is interesting that we both no longer get the dreaded file loading message, but I would also say that in my case a change to a much more powerful PC has not helped the issue, so this would cast some doubt over a NUC helping.  Basically I think the issue lurks elsewhere.

Switching back to my sMS-200Ultra Neo, 24/192 material plays perfectly, faultless, zero issues.  So the only variable I have to change to solve the problem is to take Devialet's Roon Ready mode out of the chain.  For the record, I can also run 24/192 with the Roon integrated Devialet AIR mode without any problems.

I agree that the power of the PC is not the cause of the problem (my laptop has an i7-9450H, 16 GB DDR4-2666 RAM and with Roon installed on an SSD-M2 disk).

I had thought about using the NUC not because of the power of the hardware but because of the optimization of the software that ROCK implies.

Is it necessary to use network bridge like your sMS-200Ultra Neo with a Devialet? Do you connect it via USB to the Devialet? There is another model that has an excellent quality / price ratio. I refer to the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CX-pZRh...ex=21&t=0s  Could it work for this purpose just like the sMS-200Ultra Neo?

Thanks for your help
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Nakatomi63 - 08-Dec-2019, 12:18