Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speakers suggestions for Devialet 200
Hi Dimi,

Good taste! Cool

The combination D200/Olympica II sounds, overall, natural and very vivid (but without overdoing). Is unforced, open, relaxed and fluent. Ken Kessler used the adjective "coherent" several times to define the Olympica III in his extremely favourable review in HiFi News (as you know, the IIs are almost identical).
Voices are faithfully represented displaying their natural texture, and large and complex classical passages flow effortlessly.

Regarding soundstage, it is generously proportionate in heigh, width and depth. Here the interaction with your room, as with any speaker, will dictate almost everything.

Another plus side is that the SAM profile lowers the bass floor to, if I remember correctly, 23Hz from the original 40Hz (human hearing capability apparently doesn't go below 20 Hz). And your 35 sqm room is just perfect, even if the IIs can still fill larger spaces.

I hope to have given you a glimpse of what these speakers are. To be honest, I cannot think of any negative other than that they may be less than ideal with heavily compressed rock material, and then only if pushed to their limits.

Let me know if I can help you further!

ML
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy

Messages In This Thread
RE: speakers suggestions for Devialet 200 - by MusicLover - 14-Dec-2014, 16:54