Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
I take the view of the general retail customer rather than a DevialetChat reader. Would I go into a store and buy a Devialet unit? Hell, yes. For me the really great product is the Expert Pro 140, which is fairly new, and rounds off the Expert system because at €5,000 or £4,500 it out-preforms the competition at the same price point, for example compare to the also extremely good Linn Selekt.

Mathieu reminded me that since Expert became fairly mature they have launched Phantom and Reactor, which are no mean feat. I have heard the Phantom Gold as a stereo pair in a Rue Reamur Devialet store in Paris and it is real hifi quality for about £5,000 including everything, which is good value. I heard the 900w Reactor at the Palais Garnier Devialet store, also in Paris, and was blown away by its ability to throw and disperse sound, if not at the top end of quality. I bought the Reactor when it became available in London and my son has borrowed it permanently so may need another one.

Expert does need an integrated control app, but this is on the way. Frankly, I just think they should just joint venture with Roon, as it provides perfect control for Expert. Maybe this will happen when Phantom and Reactor become Roon Ready.

Anyone who thinks Devialet should not be focused on making new products that make money, but should be spending time and money on mature products that are still highly competitive has a strange concept of business.

With regard to the slow loading issue, I had it again this morning, for the first time in ages. This may have been due to my disconnecting the modem to rewire my office after laying new cables under the floor last week. I fixed the problem in 30 seconds. It is a repeatable problem and solution in my system, that I do every time it is powered down, which is hardly ever. Using a gigabit switch does not present any problems.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by ssfas - 21-Jul-2019, 11:27