Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard the phantom yet?
(07-Mar-2015, 15:19)mirekti Wrote: Any feedback/review on the sound quality in stereo?
I am sorry for repeating myself, but I still cannot find some comprehensive review on sound quality.

The sound quality is pretty impressive. Mine came yesterday. I did the setup routine 3 or 4 times before I got consistent stereo though. Then Spark started playing up a bit, looking like it re-booted itself since the music stopped and the window re-sized itself to default, then the playqueue re-filled itself as it had been and it paused at the beginning of the track it had been playing.
I gave up after a while and went back to listening to music.

This morning I had another go.
The Phantoms appeared not to be found when I started Spark, though maybe I was too impatient and they hadn't come out of sleep yet...
I reset them and repeated the setup procedure and listened for a while until it started only playing a bit of a track, then emptying and refilling the playqueue and stopping. This may have been the first high res file I played (but maybe not I don't remember which are and which aren't).
At this point I decided to play from my music dedicated iMac, which I normally use with Air. I quit Spark on my laptop, started on my iMac and all looked good until only one Phantom produced sound. I tried a reset of the Phantoms and started the setup procedure again in Spark. It seems the silent Phantom would not reset since it didn't come up with the setup sound, and Spark repeatedly hung on accepting the software license (step 2 of the setup) so I have unplugged the lot and gone back to listening to music.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by amabrok - 10-Jan-2015, 11:20
RE: Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by rik - 30-Jan-2015, 17:23
Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by mirekti - 07-Feb-2015, 06:37
Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by adhesiv - 07-Feb-2015, 08:36
RE: Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by ogs - 07-Feb-2015, 21:06
Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by mirekti - 08-Feb-2015, 00:15
RE: Has anyone heard the phantom yet? - by f1eng - 07-Mar-2015, 15:34