Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB connection and Roon volume control.
I fully agree with you @Confused! The poll is quite old (2014 Smile) and many have changed their setups and Devialet changed the Expert series.

Indeed Pro only and add the option ‘music server via ethernet’ which wasn’t possible back then since only Air was supported.

It seems back then a distiction was made between a music server and a computer while actually both are computers but I think Music Or Sound had been thinking about commercial music servers like Innuos, Melco etc. vs DIY music servers and/or plain computers back then. Question is in which category would the likes of the SoTM SMS series, Sonore ‘x’Rendu (lean&mean, optimized end-points) etc. fall. Too little options available so probably best to group these or remove the ‘I don’t know ...’ and ‘They all sound the same options’.

Also now there’s inputs like uPnP and Airplay, again too little poll options. Perhaps @GuillaumeB or @Rufus McDufus can up this limit?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: USB connection and Roon volume control. - by Antoine - 03-Sep-2019, 13:48