Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Phantom replace Speaker/Dac/Amp with CD as source?
(25-Dec-2014, 19:45)weust Wrote: Officially, the S/PDIF optical specifications are 24/96 max.
Not sure how Devialet manages to get 24/192 through optical connections.

There are different quality optical receivers available.
The D-Premier had receivers fitted which worked at 24/192, my updated unit did not. Devialet kindly fitted one of the higher speed optical inputs to the second of my units when they updated it so I still had the same capability on my 800 as I had enjoyed with my D-Premiers.
I am not using a particularly special optical interconnect though since it is one of those with an optical cable inserted into a faux 1/8" jack for use with a Mac or, in my case A&K portable.

By the way, I would imagine the official S/PDIF optical spec is 24/96 minimum, not max (otherwise,for example, 14/32 would comply but be mostly un-useable).Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Phantom replace Speaker/Dac/Amp with CD as source? - by f1eng - 26-Dec-2014, 15:36