Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archimego's Harmonic Distortion internet blind test.
For those interested but never got around to trying this (or tried it but never submitted the results), the closing date to submit results is tonight. (30th April 2020)

Even without knowing the results, I found this test to be fascinating. There is much talk of measurements elsewhere, distortion of 0.001% versus 0.016% and so on. I think tests like this are excellent, if nothing else for learning what these numbers might mean (or not mean) to your very own ears.

It does not take long to do the test, you can even decide which of the demo tracks represents your own listening habits, and do the test with the four versions of that track. Plus, one advantage of doing the test super late is you will not need to wait too long for the results.

If nothing else I am looking forward to the results, and it doesn't matter if I have scored 100% correctly, or got everything completely wrong, either way I will learn something valuable.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archimego's Harmonic Distortion internet blind test. - by Confused - 30-Apr-2020, 18:12