Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2015
OK -I know.  This is not quite as glamorous as the Munich High End show......

This is due to be held on the 20th, 21st, 22nd February.  So at least it's sooner than Munich.  I note that Devialet are shown as an exhibitor. 

I did actually go last year and the Devialet room was a smallish room hosted by a UK Devialet dealer.  The guy from the Devialet Dealership was a very interesting and informative chap to talk to, but it has to be said that this is not quite the same as having an actual manufacturer representative to hand.

I have no specific information but maybe this will be the first opportunity to hear the Phantom in the UK?  It would be very surprising if the did not get a couple of Phantoms to the show, but you never know.....

Does anyone have any hard information?
I can now answer my own question above. Phantom is not planned to be demonstrated at the Bristol show. This supprises me slightly, as I would have thought that this show was absolutely spot on for Phantom's target audience.

So it is either Paris (La Maison) or London (Harrods) if you want to hear one any time soon.......
I just had a look at the Bristol Show website - Qobuz state that they will be demonstrating the phantoms at their stand.
(28-Jan-2015, 00:16)Will Wrote: I just had a look at the Bristol Show website - Qobuz state that they will be demonstrating the phantoms at their stand.

Interesting!  To be clear, my seemingly dodgy information actually came from Devialet themselves.  What do they know, eh?
Just checked myself and it appears that Spendor are using Devialet amps in 3 rooms 102,104 and 106.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
It looks like there is some kind of partnership or "arrangement" between Devialet and Qobuz? i.e Qobuz demonstrating Phantom's at Bristol, Devialet giving out Qobuz vouchers to compensate for delayed Phantom orders.

It would be interesting to see if Qobuz have a working copy of SPARK at Bristol.
(28-Jan-2015, 15:31)Confused Wrote: It looks like there is some kind of partnership or "arrangement" between Devialet and Qobuz?  i.e Qobuz demonstrating Phantom's at Bristol, Devialet giving out Qobuz vouchers to compensate for delayed Phantom orders.

It would be interesting to see if Qobuz have a working copy of SPARK at Bristol.

I wonder if we'll soon see native support for Qobuz streaming.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Just been into the Devialet showroom in Paris to demo Phantom... Very nice.

Can confirm that their SPARK application currently links with Qobuz. He mentioned Deezer and Tidal support coming too, and maybe Spotify.

All looks rather lovely, especially the setup process.

The phantoms were only operating in Mono but certainly impressed, especially in bass.
See link below: Further confirmation of Qobuz Integration with SPARK. Plus further confirmation of Phantom at the Bristol show, although quietly, to avoid upsetting the neighbours (sound familiar anyone?), see last paragraph.

http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/news_detail...ewsid=6105
Did anyone go today? Is anyone going over the weekend?

If all goes to plan I should be there tomorrow for a few hours.