Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aries to Devialet Input SQ Questions
(25-Feb-2015, 19:43)ErikM Wrote: I do.. I decided to try a different USB cable.. Wireworld Platium Series 7 and it out performed the Audioquest Diamond.. I think I'd like to also try a really good coax Spdif cable, and maybe a few other USB and AES cables.. 

Does anyone here have any opinions on which digital input sounds the best.. I understand that Devialet like the AES/EBU  But I think it may all come down to, in no particular order:

1. Personal Preference 
2. Source 
3. Cable Used
4. Overal System Synergy

ErikM, thanks for this. Very interesting and helpful.

Devialet said that AES/EBU was the best input to use, but remember *this was when D-Premier was top of the line* and before AIR. When AIR became available this was Devialets preferred input. With the new hardware USB and wired ethernet was also introduced.
You should try AIR to get an impression of how this sounds - even if you can only play one song before the white noise gets you Smile
I theory at least one of the asynchronous inputs will be better i.e. USB or AIR. With USB the Devialet amp controls playback, which is a good thing. This should also be true with AIR. In real life, however, one of the other inputs may sound better. As with Guillaume and his Totaldac d1 server connected to AES/EBU.

I think Antipodes Audio has very good reasoning on this. Look at their site here: http://www.antipodesaudio.com/antipodes_...tures.html and in particular this: "Why Do You Focus On USB? Why Not SPDIF or AES/EBU? Or Ethernet?"
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aries to Devialet Input SQ Questions - by ogs - 25-Feb-2015, 20:36