Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Measurements Focal Diablo SAM On/Off
(24-Jan-2015, 13:07)Confused Wrote: Inspired by your post, I have just ordered myself a UMIK-1 USB microphone.  To be honest, I'll be glad if I can match your success in getting some REW graphs to work at all!

I guess we can exchange notes, assuming I get everything working in a week or so.

Regarding advice, I would suggest your next step is to experiment.  It looks like you have a couple of bass nulls, which is normal in any room.  So why not use some tape to mark off say 30mm increments on the floor, move the speaker positioning slightly forwards, backwards etc, and re-run the REW graphs, see what results.  You could repeat with your bass traps removed, or even with the traps behind your listening position, to see if they attenuate bass reflections off the back wall.  I think lots of hard work and trial and error is the order of the day.  Will probably drive you crazy though!

One point to note, I understand having the listening position about 1 foot in front of the back wall is fairly optimum. so fine tuning is likely to be the order of the day, rather than attempting radically different room layout, in theory you should be close to the optimum layout for the room I think.
Great, and it is quite simple setting it up. There are som good guides to follow. But I guess that to be good at it, that will take some time.

I will follow your advice and start to move the speakers around and see if I can find a better position. 
I´m also waiting for a 200 companion, will be interesting to see what that will do.

So now, it´s time to get a cold beer and start to measure  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Measurements Focal Diablo SAM On/Off - by Atomjohan - 24-Jan-2015, 16:09