Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Measurements Focal Diablo SAM On/Off
(24-Jan-2015, 10:08)Atomjohan Wrote: I´ve just received an UMIK-1 measurement mic, and I have just started to use REW measurement software.

I´m including a link to the graph from REW with or without SAM, 0 to 200Hz sweep. I´m just getting started with this so I can´t give any conclusions about the chart other than that my room needs a bit of treatment and that SAM really does affect the Diablos in lower frequencies.

I will also post pictures of my room, you are very welcome to give me tips about corrections!

System consists of Focal Diablo, Devialet 200 feed by modded SB Touch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wkEPn...sp=sharing

Hope this link works, Green is with SAM ON and Blue is with SAM OFF.

Amazing to see the 10 to 25 dB extra output  below 50 Hz but as worrying to see the suck out around 150 Hz. Well SAM works as I can hear in my system. The added octave down below is super. You have the system playing the short wall (I used too as well) so I wonder if you have practical problems with the approx 47 Hz peak. I used to have big problems playing the system from a short wall position.
As some already said, I will look at doing the same, were can I get a UMIK-1?

Nice looking system/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Measurements Focal Diablo SAM On/Off - by Mikeeo - 12-Feb-2015, 17:26