Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom 108db serial numbers / how to tell an old gold vs new?
(14-Apr-2021, 18:35)Ebro Wrote: I think this can be really helpful this is a picture from my devialets with all the dates and s/numbers

Hi @Ebro. A group of us are trying to lay the puzzle of when Devialet put the new "V4?" Phantom internals into production (making the assumption that it was at one point in time, which may of course not be true if there are multiple production lines).  See the thread here. It would really help if you could post the first four digits of the serial number for each of your Phantoms showing the week of manufacture.  

I find it particularly interesting that your Gold purchased in March 2021 is a 4U04 unit whereas your April 2020 Golds, bought nearly a year earlier, are 4U10.  I am wondering whether the unit you bought in March 21 was actually made much earlier (maybe it was a refurb?) and if so when.  Everything else seems to suggest that the last four digits increase over time, i.e. a 4U10 unit is more recent than a 4U04.  My own Golds, made in July 2017, are 4U06.

Huh

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Phantom 108db serial numbers / how to tell an old gold vs new? - by struts - 22-Feb-2022, 12:35