Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers??
(22-Apr-2021, 06:48)Ebro Wrote:
(20-Apr-2021, 19:58)goofynick6 Wrote:
(20-Apr-2021, 15:35)st33f Wrote: I am in the same boat as you. I only have one and while the sound is great, I do concede that at lower volumes you could get something cheaper to do the job. That is why I am getting a second one to see if it really makes that much of a difference as everyone says. I admit it is a sh... load of money, but well YOLO. In the review below he says - With one you have the worlds best and most expensive boombox. With two you have one of the best audio systems you can buy today for MUCH less than competing products. I'll report back to tell you if I made the right choice but I doubt the answer will be no Smile.

He also compares Golds to Silvers

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2016/12/0...ir-review/

Now after reading everyone's posts and that review I am incredibly torn. I absolutely want two now, but I don't know if I should just go ahead with two silvers or add another gold. I obviously know that two gold will sound better than two silvers, but for someone like me I am not sure if the extra $2,000 is worth it... I love the idea of music being very accurate and amazing, but I wonder how different the new models of the phantom are when comparing silver to gold since there have been many updates in the last 5 years when this guy wrote his review.

Decisions, decisions...
If you can pay the extra money for a second gold, you will be blown away by the pure quality of the sound. i had 1 gold for a year and i was happy at high volume, but al low volume i was missing the bass. i bought a second gold and it was soo much better at low volume 30-40% you hear a nice bass but its not crazy, so it is very balanced an perfect for diner time and conversations. but when you go to 55% the bass is wide open and is very pleasing to feel the pounding. i also heard the silver and i would not go for the silver is you heard a gold. everything is so much more precise in the gold, the bass is more tight en real. if you go for 2 golds u have a system that is capable of doing everything and you will be very happy. a silver pair wil be also great but you will mis the gold. the difference between 1 gold and 2 gold's is very big

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers?? - by goofynick6 - 22-Apr-2021, 12:35