Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers??
Well, $7,500+ later, I have 2 Phantom I's in black with dark chrome and matching treepod stands. The 2nd one was very easy to setup and pair to the Devialet app. I had them near a wall in my big, open room and started listening. I was not blown away and instantly regretting my decision!

Then I moved them over near my stone fireplace, one on each side and aiming right at my couch. I sat down and tried again. What a difference! You really need to find the best placement for them to get the best sound. I am sure I could further improve the sound in a better place, but they look good here and sound very nice.

We now listen happily around 30 volume with nice sound balance. An equalizer would make these things perfect; I always am wanting to slightly lower the brightness and boost the mids just a tad. When you put them at 60, they are incredible! My wife and I spent the other evening having some wine and listening to old songs and new, just hearing them in a new way. It's always cool to hear a song for the 1,000th time, but it sounds different and you notice new harmonies or background sounds.

So, either get one of the "silver" phantoms, or 2 "golds". I think that is the thought process after going through this. 1 gold isn't right on its own, but in a pair is an experience.

From my short time with them, here are some highly recommend songs to try with a stereo pair:

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
The best - AWOLNATION
Dog chasing cars - Hans Zimmer (Dark Knight)
Madman across the water - Elton John
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
Mistakes - Lake Street Dive

I am using Tidal playing through Bubble UPnP for the best quality.

Thank you to everyone for sharing their experience and info!

-Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers?? - by goofynick6 - 01-May-2021, 15:40