Poll: What speakers for best sound quality from the list
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Monitor audio platinum pl300 mk2
22.22%
2 22.22%
Dali epicon 6
11.11%
1 11.11%
Focal diablo utopia lll ( standmount)
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll
(18-Dec-2021, 12:12)devianet Wrote: Personally i'd expect the Focals to be comfortably the "best" of the three listed. However, in this price bracket, box size, and your sound preferences, I would strongly recommend auditioning the Magico A1. (Full disclosure - I am a great admirer of the A-series, having been a delighted owner of the A3, and now the A5).

But speakers are such a personal choice, and the way they interract with the room is critical.

As a rather left-field option - if you're happy with everything except deep bass and soundstaging, and the very thought of it isn't anathema, a well-integrated subwoofer could be the most cost-effective upgrade. A substantial increase in the image size is an indicator that the subwoofer is correctly adjusted.

However, in your position, I'm quite sure of one thing; I would spend the money on the speakers before the amp. I think that *any* expert can drive *any* speaker magnificently, and that once you've got to the happy position of having *any* expert, then the biggest improvements for the money are going to come from the speaker.  And you don't have just *any* expert, you have dual-mono already!

Just my opinion from my experience. For a while I was listening to the Magico A5 on the end of a single D-Premier. Yes, the 1000 Pro is much better. But the biggest change came from the not-A5 to the A5, whilst keeping the amp constant.

Thank you devianet.
So in your opinion leaving the 440pro and changing the speakers to focal diablo utopia will be the best option for me?
Your suggestion about magico speakers will be out of consideration I'm afraid as they are very expensive in UK and also quite rare.

I am surprised that so far no one recommended monitor audio platinum pl300 mk2 as I think they supposed to be the best overall from these three.

Also what really bother me is the difference between 440 pro and 1000 pro as I couldn't find to much info about it  anywhere.

How much better would the 1000 pro be if we just take amplifiers into consideration?

The difference in cost in my position won't be that big thats why I'm pushing the question.

As far I remember my original expert 200 vs expert 250 there was a HUGE sound quality difference between them with 250 being more like 50% better overall in my view.

Anyone had experience with the speakers in my subject please input your thoughts as this will be very valuable for me.

SO THE MAIN QUESTION WHICH I AM INTERESTED FIRST IS -HOW MUCH BETTER 1000 PRO WILL BE OVERALL??
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll - by winiar560 - 18-Dec-2021, 12:46