Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR 3.0.5 will not open with M1 Mac Mini
(21-Jan-2022, 09:28)thumb5 Wrote:
(21-Jan-2022, 09:07)markush Wrote: Yes this is very sad - especially since providing an updated driver for MacOS isn‘t time consuming or a big deal.

Markus, unless you've actually been through that process, I'm not sure how you could know how much effort is involved.  If you have, what is your estimate?

Not that I'm apologising for Devialet - they need to keep the driver up to date, of course - but it doesn't seem helpful to make comments like that unless you have data to back them up.

Well as stated above and officially confirmed:
„ Air is not officially compatible with BigSur, Monterey and the most recent os from Apple“
These MacOS versions are out for years - and as you mentioned that is really a very very long time span to update the driver.
Don’t know if you are into development, coding but porting an already available driver to adapt to a new OS release is something that needs some adaption rather than coding or developing something from scratch. In addition Apple has own teams that support companies providing drivers or needing adaptations for new MacOS versions.

But it‘s just not only the AIR driver that got neglected - if you have followed the history / development of the Devialet Remote for Expert Line, you know what I mean ;-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet AIR 3.0.5 will not open with M1 Mac Mini - by markush - 21-Jan-2022, 18:51