Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet products : info & specifications
Couple of Phantom hardware changes:

1.  Hardware capability for Airplay was first introduced with the launch of the Phantom Gold in mid-2016.  All Phantom Golds are Airplay compatible, regardless of date of manufacture.  Subsequently the hardware configurations for Dialog and Classic and Silver Phantoms were revised to enable Airplay. 

AirPlay support was announced on 9th Dec 2016 in a knowledge base article "How is AirPlay Working with Phantom?" (SP0207) which in turn refers to another knowledge base article dated 19th May 2017 "How can I find out if my Phantom is AirPlay Compatible? (SP0210).  Note, the fact this article postdates an article that refers to it indicates the existence of an earlier version of this second article which I have bee unable to find.

Both the above articles refer to "New generation Phantom and Silver Phantom" as well as "New generation Dialog".  This implies that said new generations were either envisaged to be or already in production by 9th Dec 2016 (which would correspond to serial numbers starting J49 for Phantom units).  Unfortunately we have no more accurate information and the cutover point could be several weeks or even a month or two either side of this date.

Users have reported purchasing AirPlay-capable Dialogs around this time which corroborates this.  It has been reported that Dialogs with serial numbers ending XTD are not compatible and ones ending X03 and X04 are.  This has been confirmed by various forum members and has not to my knowledge been disproven so seems to be correct.

2.  Devialet also introduced a new version of its hybrid ADH amplification modules in late 2016.  Again, Golds had ADH2 hardware from the start.  According to this post by kmjy the cutover to ADH2 for Classic and Silver Phantoms was made in mid-November 2017, serial numbers K47 and onwards.  ADH2 hardware provided the capacity for a power increase for Classic Phantoms from 750W to 1200W (peak!) which was enabled in the 1.14 firmware release.  I don't know where kmjy got this information but it seems credible and to my knowledge nobody has contradicted it.

Messages In This Thread
Devialet products : info & specifications - by struts - 31-Jan-2022, 17:31