Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advices for a first time Devialet owner
(21-Feb-2015, 19:47)archer75 Wrote: To all SBT owners,

I was under the impression of that I must use USB output to play 24/192 after installing EDO but now I realized that I can use digital output as well. In this respect, my question is to all, whether you use USB connectıon or coaxial to connect Touch to Devialet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did use the SPDIF coax output on my Touch for a long time. I used this http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/ae...aditbnc-mx impedance converter to connect to the AES input of my (then) D-Premier. This worked nicely with the squeezelite mod described elsewhere on the forum. I then purchased an April U3 USB/SPDIF-AES converter. Together with my Touch (and EDO) this was a better solution. Then I upgraded to the new Devialet hardware and connected my Touch directly to the USB input of the 250. This may not be better than the U3, but I prefer it in many respects. I guess the Berkeley USB converter would be superior and so is the price!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advices for a first time Devialet owner - by ogs - 21-Feb-2015, 22:07