Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet to exhibit at AXPONA in Chicago
@mdconnelly - It looks like your suspicions have proved to be accurate:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/devi...-sound-bar

(EDIT: looking at the photographs in the above linked article, I note there is a kind of out of context Expert remote lurking there, maybe the Expert is not entirely dead in Devialet's thoughts....?)

There is an AXPONA thread on AS at the moment, the comment below from Rajiv Arora interested me. Considering that Rajiv is pretty much the dictionary definition of a hard core audiophile, this could be considered high praise for a soundbar:

That said, there were some standouts:

The Doshi / Joseph Audio rooms sounded really nice
Check out the Innuos demo on the 6th floor, comparing the Statement server with and without the PSU upgrade (which incorporates @Nenon's ARC6). If you have not yet experienced how important a PSU is to a music server, this demo will answer that.
The MBL room was impressive
The Devialet Dione 5.1.2 Atmos soundbar (of all things) was quite a pleasant surprise!
The Bayz Audio speakers were intriguing, but I wasn't blown away. This room features the Taiko Extreme server.
Vinnie Rossi Brama integrated driving QLN speakers was also very nice, but the small room forced Vinnie into more of a midfield setup, which was a challenge.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet to exhibit at AXPONA in Chicago - by Confused - 24-Apr-2022, 09:50