Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet to exhibit at AXPONA in Chicago
(24-Apr-2022, 17:45)mdconnelly Wrote:
(24-Apr-2022, 09:50)Confused Wrote: @mdconnelly - It looks like your suspicions have proved to be accurate:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/devi...-sound-bar

(EDIT: looking at the photographs in the above linked article, I note there is a kind of out of context Expert remote lurking there, maybe the Expert is not entirely dead in Devialet's thoughts....?)

My fear is that the Expert Pros are considered legacy.   Don't get me wrong, I think they continue to sound amazing, but there are issues that Devialet has seemingly abandoned.   #1 concern is the bugs in the Configurator - particularly for dual mono setups - that have been ignored.  Ever wonder what will happen if the online configurator simply disappears?  As far as I know, there is no way to edit, update or generate new configurations for Expert Pros without the online configurator.   The other curiosity is whether there is any future to Devialet's Sweet Room.  When they first announced it, it seemed more like things to come.  Now not so much.

Whilst you bring up good points, my recent experience with Devialet was excellent across the board. I sent in a D-Premier back for upgrade to a 250 Pro with CI.  The process was smooth and professional all the way.  Turnaround time was slightly less than four weeks door to door.  Communications were outstanding throughout,  was very pleased with the customer service provided.  

I'm very glad they still offer the upgrade option.  To me, the upgrade was well worth it. The sonic improvements and streaming options are well worth it, IMHO.  So, let's hope Devialet continues to provide support to the Expert community.   I would think it's in their best interest to do so. 

The single D 250 Pro sounds better (to me), than the D-Premier mono setup I had before.  The power supply in the 250 Pro does an amazing job with transients experienced when listening to classical music.  This is where I hear a difference between the 220 Pro and the 250 Pro.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet to exhibit at AXPONA in Chicago - by Redwingnine - 25-Apr-2022, 20:52