Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed
Hi all,

I've just got a new Phantom 108 direct from Devialet but am a bit disappointed to find that it does not appear to connect over Ethernet at 1Gb/s like my slightly older Glossy Phantom Golds do. I've tested this on a few different network switches so it's definitely the new Phantom that's the problem. Basically the old ones always have a link speed of 1Gb/s but the new one will only connect at 100Mb/s as can be seen with all 3 attached to my Devolo triple powerline adapter. The spec on the Devialet website says Ethernet RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps (Gigabit) so I kind of expected  the device to be as stated! I can't decide if this is Devialet scrimping on components (and hoping we don't notice) or if I've just got a duff one. Has anyone else noticed this? 

The other thing I've noticed, and I think this was mentioned on another thread is that on the new model there is no Network Interfaces option in the app which I assume means the PLC networking has been removed and you have to either set Ethernet or WiFi when you first set it up and that's it, a factory reset is required if you want to change. This all seems like a backwards step to me. 

Messages In This Thread
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by Laura - 23-Apr-2022, 19:50
RE: Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by ogs - 24-Apr-2022, 10:26