Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed
I've had a response from Devialet support about the Ethernet issues and can confirm that PLC is no longer supported and they are going to remove that feature from the website ASAP. I'm not really bothered about that to be fair. On the Ethernet speed issue, it was confirmed that there has been no speed downgrade from 1Gb/s to 100Mb/s which is good news as that would be a big backwards step! I did some further testing and the issue was the same except when I plugged the Phantom directly into my router it would not connect at all, and when connected to my network switch I ran a cable test and got an error. The only thing left to check was the network link cable inside the tree stand. I took the Phantom off it's stand and pulled the cable out and was surprised to find that the cable was Cat5 (Not Cat5e) which has a max speed 100Mb/s! I changed this cable for a Cat5e and lo and behold 1Gb/s connection! Either my stand is really old and original Phantoms were only 100Mb/s or someone has swapped the cable out for an inferior type. I bought the stand second hand as allegedly ex-demo so who knows, but quite annoying all the same.

The only outstanding issue now is the lack of Network Interfaces menu in the app as that was glossed over in the reply I received.

@steve_denney Do yours still only connect at 100Mb/s since you swapped the cables?

Messages In This Thread
Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by Laura - 23-Apr-2022, 19:50
RE: Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by ogs - 24-Apr-2022, 10:26
RE: Phantom 108DB Ethernet Link Speed - by Laura - 30-Apr-2022, 15:01