Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review after one week
Right, I have had my Dione for a couple of days now and still getting to grips with it. The gripes first: I use Virgin as my TV provider and have have had lip sync problems with it on both my LG and latest Samsung televisions. This is most noticeable through the Dione when using eARC and less so with TOSLink. However, it is much reduced on NETFLIX or Prime. I can’t get control of sound via my Virgin remote, am assuming that will be addressed reasonably soon by Devialet. I use the App to increase or decrease sound. However, unless it is the start of the day ie the Dione has shut down completely, the Virgin remote activates both TV and Dione. I have dynamically switched between iPhones and iPads causing some mild confusion to the app’s control of sound, but that’s it.

These are tolerable glitches as the sound from the Dione is absolutely superb. My son has a Sonos Arc and the Dione simply blows it away. The soundstage is amazing, separating effects and dialogue very clearly. Am watching Ozark on Netflix for the second time finding the aural experience much clearer and more relaxing. As for music, I have had been listening to the latest Chillis album, Unlimited Love, as well as latest from Passenger and Father John Misty. The recordings are great and the Dione does justice to them all. My wife, my harshest HiFi critic, has absolutely no complaints even with the glitches.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
Review after one week - by integra - 09-May-2022, 15:34
RE: Review after one week - by Nickname - 09-May-2022, 16:25
RE: Review after one week - by integra - 11-May-2022, 10:50
RE: Review after one week - by Runciter - 10-May-2022, 15:56
RE: Review after one week - by integra - 11-May-2022, 10:48
RE: Review after one week - by integra - 11-May-2022, 22:41
RE: Review after one week - by eniriop - 12-May-2022, 20:55
RE: Review after one week - by integra - 13-May-2022, 20:45
RE: Review after one week - by fb24601 - 13-May-2022, 23:36
RE: Review after one week - by jk1982 - 03-Nov-2022, 21:45