Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert Pro - MQA support
(06-Aug-2022, 11:31)Confused Wrote: Opinions vary on this one I know, but from a technical perspective, the ultimate approach is not to use MQA.

Whilst @Confused is probably right (I don't know enough about digital to make my own conclusion) it seems to be that every time a 'new and improved' format comes out, there's an effort to bring out better mastered versions. 

It's the mastering that can make the new version sound better, so there's no need to stick with the format. Playing MQA without unfolding will probably still sound better if the mastering has been done well. Having said that, I'd start with learning about speaker setup before anything else. Nothing beats that. Nothing.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Expert Pro - MQA support - by Pim - 05-Aug-2022, 09:18
RE: Devialet Expert Pro - MQA support - by Pim - 06-Aug-2022, 22:44