Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 120 ROON dropouts constantly
The latest firmware/OS version (now 2 years old) from Devialet, claimed to have resolved the dropouts. So if you haven't upgraded, check that.

When you say AIR and ethernet, do you mean Roon's AIR (not the devialet driver)? And do you mean Roon's RAAT protocol? Also, be sure to run ethernet cable between your router and your iMac and your router to your Devialet. If you're using wifi, that may be the issue.

Last possibility... Are you running gigabit ethernet from your router to your PC and to your Devialet? If so, try inserting a 100mbps switch in front of your Devialet so that the Devialet is getting ethernet at 100mbps. They're quite inexpensive. Amazingly, that solved my dropout problems back when I was having them.

You say you're getting dropouts when streaming Qobuz. Does it happen if you stream your own music via Roon?

Of course, it could also be that your iMac may be old and underpowered.

Short of that, I'd look at config issues with your router than may be causing it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expert 120 ROON dropouts constantly - by mdconnelly - 15-Sep-2022, 14:35