Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does not recognise HDMI connection after a while
(28-Dec-2022, 09:16)hulster Wrote:
(24-Dec-2022, 15:36)Pioneer123 Wrote: Here’s  another annoying problem. 

My Dione is connected to my Sony Bravia 88” TV and does its job. 
I finish watching tv and switch off and go to bed. Next time I switch on the tv the Dione does not recognise the HDMI connection and I need to reboot the TV everytime to make it work (very annoying)

Anyone else have this problem and know how to solve? I haven’t contacted Devialet yet.

You need to keep in mind the Dione has still some software issues. Especially CEC.
The Dione does NOT switch-off / go-to-standby by CEC currently. It consumes 16-18W constantly. It is not off even no LED lighting, it is just without load. That has to fixed by Devialet.
I do not know the CEC protocol exactly, but there is maybe some handshake expected by the TV which doesn‘t happen.
Instead of rebooting you may like to try to switch the Input(between streaming and physical HDMI) by the Devialet app. That should help in most cases. I never need to reboot the Dione, but often the same happens to me switching input devices, as my stuff is connected primarily to a HDMI switch.
For the time being I recommend to use the app to switch the Dione off and switch it on manually by the Play/Pause button on the Dione.

Thanks for the advice, I tried switching the inputs using the app and it did not work. It’s very hit and miss when it does work (usually doesn’t work when the missus and kids trying to watch something prompting complaints of how much this thing cost! Haha).
Basically I’m stuck with having to reboot the TV every time it losses connection. Hopefully Devialet will fix it soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does not recognise HDMI connection after a while - by Pioneer123 - 01-Jan-2023, 05:00