Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET DIONE VS PHANTOM 2 98DB STEREO
Let’s take it a bit differently.

If your main listening is Stereo there is a clear limitation of the Dione. As the speaker are quite close together so the stage will be limited.

If your main listening is Cinema the Phantom will be limited handle the all the channels and the sound format.

The sound for Cinema and even for Stereo(with limitation of stage) of the Dione is great. If you in addition like to prevent from a subwoofer the Dione is a great choice. The software has still some limitation in handling. But I am overall very satisfied.
If you are ok with a subwoofer there are alternatives. But if you say you are ok with a subwoofer, you maybe ok with rear channel and if that ok with Center maybe etc.
So with more speakers I would always recommend a full surround setup.
For me it was a great choice. Getting rid of all the speakers makes my living room much more nice.
And I am not missing a lot from a sound perspective.
Keep in mind that the source material you are using needs to use all the features first, before your sound system can be the limit.
Is is like with stereo test tracks before. Yes - they bring up  weakness of your equipment. But weakness does not mean in every case it is bad. And if it is overall great but with some weaknesses - will you really recognise this very often?
The Dione‘s priorities are not to be the best home cinema system.
But if you like to get great cinema sound with less equipment it is definitely currently the best choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEVIALET DIONE VS PHANTOM 2 98DB STEREO - by hulster - 14-Feb-2023, 15:30