Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries vs Aurender X100 vs Melco N1Z
(02-Mar-2015, 11:41)PhilP Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 10:42)PhilP Wrote: If an HDD fails in an Aurender what's the procedure for replacing it?  Is this something that a consumer can do (including restoring from back-up) or does it have to go back to a dealer/manufacturer?  I would much prefer to have an external an HDD or SDD.

Thanks.

EDIT: I read in the Aurender manual that it is possible to play music from an external HDD or even a NAS which is great! I couldn't see any mention of the possibility to swap the internal HDD or how to back it up?

That is correct. There is a USB port for external storage. And yes Aurender does support playback from NAS.

For backup, Aurender built in storage appears on the local network as a network drive and as such you can backup all its content to another hard drive either manually or using any backup tool

Regarding replacement of internal HDD, I will check the possibility/ease of that and whether it can be done by the owner or does it have to be sent to a professional service center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Auralic Aries vs Aurender X100 vs Melco N1Z - by amabrok - 02-Mar-2015, 12:08