Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qnap NAS to Devialet?
Hi
I am considering a Devialet 200, but it appears that my M1CLIC network player is not a good partner for this due to lack of a suitable connection
I understand that I could use a USB direct to the 200 from my NAS. ? has anyone done this and used an app to control it. This may have to be a short term fix until more funds are available for a good streamer.

Any help or guidance appreciated.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hi Womaz,
I did run my Synology NAS direct into the Dev via USB. It worked like a dream. The only hitch was that the media server control point on the iPad was a bit primitive, and the particular model of Synology I had wouldn't accept any 3rd party software.
Perhaps if you let us know which QNAP you have, we might be able to suggest a workable configuration.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Hi
Its the TS219P -II

I have googled this today but I am not that techy sav so struggled. It would only be temporary until a network player was affordable
I was going to try USB from the NAS and test it against the CLIC
Thanks
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(27-Feb-2015, 22:52)Jwg1749 Wrote: MHi Womaz,
I did run my Synology NAS direct into the Dev via USB. It worked like a dream. The only hitch was that the media server control point on the iPad was a bit primitive, and the particular model of Synology I had wouldn't accept any 3rd party software.
Perhaps if you let us know which QNAP you have, we might be able to suggest a workable configuration.
Matt

Matt, I found s/w called QNAP Music Station when trying to help Womaz earlier - it seems similar to Synology Audio Station and can drive USB devices. Do you think that would work? I don't have a QNAP to try it...

Philip 
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
The problem I have is I have no experience with all of this. I have just been into my QNAP file on the PC and it says an update is available and wants a password and username. I have no idea as it was installed by my dealer.
I love the idea of the Devialet, and the forums and even the helpdesk have been brillaint, but I am now wondering if its the right path for me. Seem to be having one setback after the other.
I do have a home demo coming soon so maybe they can help me.
I sympathise with your position but these challenges aren't unique to Devialet Wink

Here are a couple of other options you could consider:

1) Buy a music player that has an integrated optical drive for ripping CDs, an internal HDD for music storage and its own music player s/w (but no DAC) and link this directly to the Devialet via USB or AES/EBU or RCA Phono depending on what connectors the streamer has. This solution will be simple to maintain and use, requires little computer or networking knowledge and cuts out the need for a NAS or PC/Mac but you will have to buy a new streamer... Examples include Naim Unitiserve or NAD M50 (you have to add external storage to the NAD) but there are others.

2) Buy music player software (e.g. JRiver Media Centre) and install it on your PC. Your music will still be stored on your NAS connected via your network to your PC. Then connect the PC to the Devialet via USB. The only thing you will have to buy is the software. But you will have to spend some time figuring out how to use JRMC. There is software called JRemote which can be used to control the s/w/ on the PC from an iOS or Android device.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I am keeping it as simple as I can or I will probably not go the 200 route, although I am determined not to give up easily.
I currently rip to a QNAP NAS drive using DB Poweramp. FLAC files therefore all on the NAS.
If i go for Devialet it was to replace the amp I have. So all I want to be able to do is what I do now. Use a network player to access my Nas to play through my 200.
This hopefully will blow my existing set up out of the water. If it does not or its way too complex then the 200 wont be purchased.

But........I have my heart set on this kit sounding amazing as already I have put hours and hours into it. Your help really is appreciated
Sorry just to add my PC is used for work and I only use it to rip the CDs or download high res files. I dont want it to be used in the music playback in any way.
There are probably several routes. A quick google reveals that mpd is a possibilty. It looks like there's an ipkg out there for it. There's a corresponding controller for iPad or iPod (Mpad & Mpod). The Totaldac d1-server uses this software and I use it on my Cubox too. It's not utterly brilliant from a usability point of view but does the trick.
Oh, I think a USB connection from Qnap to Devialet is the most obvious route for a physical connection.
See this is where I am lost......mpd??............ipkg???
I got the Qnap to Devialet is easiest.....will stick with that ;-)