Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HiFi Rose vs Devialet
I've had a lot of amplifiers here at home lately.
Among other things, the Hifi Rose RS 520 and the RA 180.
The devices look and feel really great. They are of very high quality and the sound is also OK.
They both sound like the NAD M33.
The RA 180 is of course significantly stronger than the RS 520.
They have a different design and that's a matter of taste.
In any case, they are both perfectly finished. But that's it.
The software is right, really bad. If you live in Asia, you may be able to cope with it, but not as an European.
You can't really connect a subwoofer to both devices because the volume is fixed. My dealer wanted to send me an adapter, because I could connect between the loudspeaker outputs. Otherwise, the subwoofer runs to the volume set on the subwoofer. If you want to make it louder on the RA 180 or RS, then you also have to increase the volume on the subwoofer. Radio? A lot of Koranic channels. Many or most European channels are missing.
My first RS 520 arrived defective. The right channel was noisy and the Wifi antenna was defective.
The RA 180 also arrived defective. The LED light did not work at the bottom of the device.
I would have liked to keep the RA 180, because it almost explodes with power and also sounds good, but I couldn't understand that you can't really integrate the subwoofer there.
The sound of both devices is very bright and detailed. As they add to Class D amplifiers. No comparison to the Devialet 220. The devices sound rather cool and are controlled but quite thin in the bass. The middles are OK but also not particularly imprinted.
In any case, both devices sounded very dynamic.
The remote control on the RS 520 also kept going crazy. I wanted to increase the volume once and the level went up to the maximum. I couldn't stop it anymore. But my speakers survived it.

Messages In This Thread
HiFi Rose vs Devialet - by zoran_pavlovic - 02-Sep-2023, 18:54
RE: HiFi Rose vs Devialet - by finix - 05-Sep-2023, 15:14
RE: HiFi Rose vs Devialet - by finix - 05-Sep-2023, 15:18
RE: HiFi Rose vs Devialet - by zoran_pavlovic - 06-Sep-2023, 19:57
RE: HiFi Rose vs Devialet - by finix - 07-Sep-2023, 13:52
RE: HiFi Rose vs Devialet - by zoran_pavlovic - 07-Sep-2023, 19:54