Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet not just an amp?
(02-Mar-2015, 19:29)Jayr Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 18:53)Womaz Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 18:49)f1eng Wrote: I use mine as a DAC/phono/streamer/preamp/amplifier.
My main sources are a CD transport, digital out connected direct to the digital input of the Devialet. My MC cartridge is connected to the phono input of the amp via the step-up transformer I prefer.
I stream direct from my computer, I have connected it using AIR, AIR and ethernet, toslink and into the AES/EBU input using my digital recorder as a firewire > AES converter, because I have it, there are easier ways of doing this. All these worked brilliantly.
I messed about with UPnP with music on a remote NAS drive before I bought a Devialet and found it too clunky for my taste, so do not bother any more.

In conclusion the Devialet works brilliantly in its most simple form, but many on this forum have had fun and success tuning to their taste with extra add-ons and cables.
So it is up to you how complicated you want to make it!

The best systems I have heard with a Devialet D-Premier have been simple.

I wont have a turntable but you use it in a similar way to how I envisaged using it. Direct from PC not an option for me as prefer to keep work and entertainment separate.
Thanks for the reply, just the sort of info I was looking for.

I am using a Devialet 200 in a single box solution using a laptop streamer as a source and then direct to the speakers. I also use a SACD player as a line source until they release DSD capability after which I will eliminate the SACD player. The Devialet 200 replaced a Placette passive preamp, Rowland Model 10 amp with a separate power supply, and Siltech sq88 gen 3 cabling. In our system, it easily outperformed what we had and greatly simplified the system.

The only issue that I see with your desires is the headphone capability. I don't think you can eliminate that box as the Devialet doesn't have a headphone amp/jack. Perhaps someone more experienced with headhone systems will chime in.

Apart from that, I do not see any issues with the Devialet 200 for your consideration.

Hope this helps.

There is a fix around the headphone amp.....but I cant quite remember that right now as I have had so much to take in.
My only real worry now is after a demo I might not have a digital source for the 200 until funds become available.
But thats not why I started this post. You appear to be using the 200 as I envisaged. The headphone amp might not be a big thing anyway as it can be configured. I will try this at the demo, Thanks for reply
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 02-Mar-2015, 18:28
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Jayr - 02-Mar-2015, 19:29
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 02-Mar-2015, 19:36
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 02-Mar-2015, 23:44
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 14:20
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 19:03
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 00:21
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 14:19
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by gray - 08-Mar-2015, 07:02