Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet not just an amp?
(04-Mar-2015, 14:19)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Have you had a go on the online configurator yet? If not, you should. You will find it's easier than setting up a mobile phone. Even if you wouldn't configure anything, the Devialet amps work like any other amp. Just plug in your sources and speakers and listen.
As for your streamer, I can't find where you wrote it now but I believe you are using your streamer's analog output now? If so, using it with Devialet will still give you a great sound. Just because you can do better by using a streamer with a digital output doesn't mean you won't get good quality with your analog output. Just see it as any other source with an analog output. It will sound great because the Devialet DAC is great.

Please try the configurator. It will answer a lot of your questions and will make you feel much more relaxed about setting up a Devialet.

Yes I have had a look at it and it does look simple enough. The 200 has to be more than an amp to me though as if that was the case I have a pretty decent one. Like I say there are loads of things that excite me about the Devialet, but in the end it all really boils down to sound quality, is it a significant improvement on what I have, because for me this is a significant amount of cash. I have demoed Linn and listened to some AR gear and I was not impressed. It was no better than what I have. In fact the Linn was bloody dull!!
I cant wait to hear the 200 with my kit, yes its a lot of cash for me but if the sound is as good as people say then its a definite purchase.

Many thanks for all your input over the last week or so it has been most helpful...and now am off to St James Park to get murdered off Man U Huh
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 02-Mar-2015, 18:28
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Jayr - 02-Mar-2015, 19:29
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 02-Mar-2015, 23:44
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 14:20
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 19:03
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 00:21
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 14:19
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 04-Mar-2015, 19:49
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by gray - 08-Mar-2015, 07:02