Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
(07-Mar-2015, 17:22)davidadamson Wrote: Similar problems Spark is not the brightest spark in the bunch.
My biggest frustration is not being able to connect to my NAS drive.
The usb and optical in on dialog are not yet functional or at least I cannot make them function.
So right now optical in from apple tv sounds ok to good , however limited to 44k, but not the best solution.
Sound - amazing bass - not just loud but rich and punchy and the louder you play there is no stress - using spark at a setting of 55 -60 volume was the loudest I would go without scaring the dog ( and neighbours)
Mids very good, highs to my ears were somewhat strident - hoping it is the apple tv.
Stereo imaging very good.
Overall fit and finish excellent but let down by incomplete software implementation
If any one has been able to connect a usb drive or optical in to dialog let me know .
Thx

I tried optical output from my CD transport to the Dialog and there is nowhere in the software to switch it on. I tried a CD but not surprisingly what can't be seen in the software can't be heard on the hardware.
The optical inputs on each Phantom can be switched on but I haven't connected to them.
Using Spark from both laptop and iMac worked well some of the time. Spark found all the music folders I pointed it at too. Did you try pointing Spark at your NAS music file from "add music"?
I haven't tried a NAS, but it worked for me pointing Spark at the music file on my iMac via the network whilst running Spark on the laptop, so should work that way with a NAS. I haven't switched my NAS drive on for months but will try after I get Spark running fault free long enough to listen to a whole CD rip. 
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 07-Mar-2015, 17:39
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28