Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
(07-Mar-2015, 22:10)f1eng Wrote: Hi yes similar problems, decided to use AirPlay , bought a new NAS and new optical cord then remembered I have a meridian explorer Dac that has optical out.
came home hooked Dac to MacBook Pro to meridian optical out into phantom.
sounds glorious compared to airplay from Apple TV.
having fun now, set up the NAS with backed up files, playing all files up to 192 KHz through  jriver
Everything sounded great so I took the step of loading spark onto MacBook , unhooked optical and just streamed from MacBook to phantom also to my surprise up to 192khz.
however there is sometimes a stutter then it picks up again. No problem at all with 96 KHz 
best part is it sounds just as good through spark as direct optical and jriver.
yes the software is not mature and takes patience and laughably no instructions anywhere.
i concur failing all unplug phantoms and dialog let them sit a few minutes, make sure you are all on same network.
they are really singing now, previous system goldmund amp to quad esls,s from MacBook into Ifi DSL nano. I miss the expansive sound of the quads but gain on the very rich bass from phantoms, I will give them a good burning in and see if it smooths out more.
i think once past the software nightmare you will all be very happy

(07-Mar-2015, 21:38)DSJ Wrote: My initial problem with reconfiguring the phantoms was that starting up Spark again would not let you get past the "I Accept" screen. That is solved by unplugging the Dialog...and then plugging it back again. Turning on the Phantoms and waiting for the noise. Then Spark lets you get by the "I Accept" page. From there everything seems to go OK...."You have 2 Phantoms"? Yes.....touch 1of2......touch 2of2. Now configuring....everything seems to be OK, (tells you this should last a minute or two [which it did on the initial setup that worked]). Consistently there is a silence that arises about 1.5 to 2 minutes into these subsequent configurations that makes you feel like something has gone right, but the drone noise just starts up again and it continues to say its configuring. I've waited up to 10 minutes listening to this loud drone while the Phantoms tell me they're configuring. (Did Devialet not experience or anticipate this agonising drone noise attack for customers who might have problems with installation and setup!?, What a headache!!)

I've removed and reinstalled Spark over 5 times, unplugged and plugged in the Dialog and Phantoms as many or more. I think this is a software bug/malfunction, not a procedural one. I just don't think Spark is ready for paying customers. I'd return them if I'd purchased these locally.

This is more or less exactly what I have experienced. Since Spark works with a single Phantom and I didn't have problems for as long as I listened, I suspect the problem is the Dialog, either hardware overheating or related software.

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by davidadamson - 07-Mar-2015, 22:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28