Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
(09-Mar-2015, 14:37)streamy Wrote: It's true that the optical input does not work on Dialog, but it works in the Phantoms. You can have the Phantoms set-up in stereo configuration with Dialog and then feed in to one of the Phanoms the signal from your streamer into the optical input of one Phantom. When you select then in Spark this optical input (double click to add it into the playlist) then the Phantoms play the optical signal in stereo without problems and in high quality. I assume the digital optical signal gets streamed by phantom to dialog and then from there played on your selection of Phantoms, multi-room, stereo, or mono as you have configured your system. It works great without drop-outs. Hi-res music although is not working since toslink is only up to 48k.

I have been able to play files up to 24 bit 192khz through the optical connection, Macbook pro, Spark to Meridian Explorer to Phantom
Explorer confirms bit rate - 24 /192 is pushing it sometimes stalls, however, I think this is Spark/dialog issue so there is hope

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by davidadamson - 09-Mar-2015, 16:20