Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
Well i received my phantom today. first thing to say is that sparks as an app is very very buggy. It looks stylish enough but works when it wants to really. for an expensive bit of kit and a high end company i would expect it to work seamlessly. it such and important part of the experience that its a big let down. i know they will work on it but it really should be perfect to start with. my dad uses sonos and it works a+ from day one and every time.

my original setup is a 120 and sonus faber olympics 1s . pure power 1050 power regenerator. entreq tellus grounding box connected to the 120, nordst power block and the apple airport. The 120 is also still pointed.

The phantom i have is a single white one. when i first listened to it i was not overly impressed, The bass is very nice, but i felt the rest of the music sounded a bit stuck in the speaker to me. i have listened to it for about an hour now and i think it is just very neutral with all aspects of the music balanced nicely. I was originally worried the bass might be a bit over powering but it is not at all and very controlled.

i set up so i could play the original system and the phantom to compare. At first the original system sounded sooooo much better for example instruments having more timber and sounding more real. The only problem is of course the original system is stereo and the phantom is mono. so i unplugged one of the olympics and compared it that way. listening to it this way the phantom sounds clearer and not to far off the original system at all.

Can anyone with a stereo pair of phantoms comment on how good the stereo imaging is. I bought the one phantom to see if it was worth getting a pair and selling my original system. if the stereo imagining is good then i really don't think the sound will be to far off my original system and at a lot less cost and without the itch to try and tinker with it in the never-ending cable swapping game etc.....

I did put the still points under the phantom and although i probably haven't listened to it enough to say for sure but seems to have the same affect on the phantoms as any other component. shame there is nowhere to plug in the entreq grounding box.... or maybe its better that there isn't.

i worry that deviate will take a while to sort out the reported problems with the dialog and having a stereo pair as music should be for me a relaxing thing not a frustrating one Smile

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by cthroughblue - 10-Mar-2015, 23:54