Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
Like Frank, I've had a D-Premier from the start (early 2011) and a second one from soon after (late 2011) which coincided with the introduction of AIR V1.

My original experience with V1 was that it was imperfect (but without the sustained and material white noise which occurs after between a few minutes and many hours, which one gets now) but I assumed it was due to network inadequacies which neither I nor my dealer understood. Wifi and channels and dynamic/fixed/static IP addresses were a mystery.

But my suspicion is that V1, the original concept, would have worked whereas, now I (probably helpfully) understand networks and channels and wifi and IPs more, I cannot get V2 to work though I can improve it significantly by interventions that, of course, should not be seen as necessary for Devialet customers.

It is a pity Devialet are tight-lipped about the issue. But probably commercially wise.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by IanG-UK - 12-Mar-2015, 23:01