Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
Oh-oh,
Wrote too soon.
They were certainly sounding superb, but suddenly stopped.
Checking out Spark it looks like it has "lost" the Phantom to which the CD player is connected. Spark is only showing the Dialog and one Phantom.
Oh well, nice while it lasted. I listened to almost 4 CDs, with only minor problems, until total failure of the software or firmware Sad
Oh well it was lovely whilst it lasted.

The Dialog smells hideously hot. Whether it is the Dialog which lost the speaker or the speaker that lost the dialog, I can not tell.

I tried a new setup and Spark found both Phantoms but hung, as usual, at "setting up your Phantom this could take 1 to 2 minutes" quitting and trying again Spark hung at the accept conditions page, also as usual after when quitting where it hung last.

So I have gone back to giving up on them, the CD is playing on the Animas instead.

When the frustration dies I may try again.

I normally listen to music several hours a day. The Phantoms have never worked faultlessly for several hours...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 14-Mar-2015, 19:15