Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recommended speaker on the SAM list that sounds BIG?
(24-Mar-2015, 17:34)absolutk Wrote: Eric, I'm not married to the idea of Harbeths. I bought them on several recommendations from people because I loved the Martin Logan sound of ESL panels. Nothing non-ESL seemed to touch that. The Raidhos were the first time I heard someone talk about a fast speaker that's reminiscent of ESL. Wide soundstage is not my problem. I have plenty of that. Tall is my problem... Are the Magicos like that? And are they musical? Local dealers have each, a Magico S1 and a Raidho x1.

Mike, thanks! I'll be getting those things anyway Smile

Samurai, thanks for the clarification. I guess, then, the Focals will just remain in the "pretty" category, not what I'm looking for.

In that case it is an altogether different story. About both Raidho and Magico it is said that they possess a transparency that is almost like an ESL (such as Martin Logan). And for Magico, I can confirm that. So I definitely think that you should listen to both brands, and see if one of these is to your taste.
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any recommended speaker on the SAM list that sounds BIG? - by EricDH - 25-Mar-2015, 09:37