Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Gb AIR/RoonReady - when I got it working!
Below you find a description when I got 1Gb AIR with JRMC and RoonReady working. Below the text is a network diagram where I had to configure the 1 GB port of the switch to 100 Mb.

This seems to work for me:
1. Connect my server via 15m 1Gb Ethernet cable to my Router.(Only to get easy file access)
2. I copied some files for testing from my server to my PC, which is directly connected to the Router for testing with MC
3. I connected the D220 Pro directly to the WLAN Repeater (1Gb),  Route: Internet->Router->PC->WLAN repeater->D220 Pro
4. Installed AIR on my PC
5. Played DSD, 24/192 files through JRiver with AIR or UpNP - no problems so far
6. Through the Roon Client on my PC I played the same DSD, 24/192 files as through MC via RoonReady - no problems so far  

The big questions is: Why did this work? If the switch is part of the equation it does not work with 1Gb Huh

My Network where 1Gb connection to the Devialet does not work!

JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
I'm not sure that I understand correctly your setup, but I suppose it is working because of the route: Internet->Router->PC->WLAN-Repeater->D220 Pro.
PC->WLAN-Repeater seems to communicate via PLC (limited to 140 Mbps) or via WLAN (limited to 526 Mbps). So, WLAN-Repeater will never send to Devilaet 1 Gbps (witch MS->Switch->Devialet is doing).
(04-Aug-2019, 17:44)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I'm not sure that I understand correctly your setup, but I suppose it is working because of the route: Internet->Router->PC->WLAN-Repeater->D220 Pro.
PC->WLAN-Repeater seems to communicate via PLC (limited to 140 Mbps) or via WLAN (limited to 526 Mbps). So, WLAN-Repeater will never send to Devilaet 1 Gbps (witch MS->Switch->Devialet is doing).
via WLAN. Yes it will never send 1Gbps, but that is not the problem with the 1Gb connection to the Devialet, even DSD64 needs <10Gbps.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
(04-Aug-2019, 18:30)Manfred Wrote:
(04-Aug-2019, 17:44)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I'm not sure that I understand correctly your setup, but I suppose it is working because of the route: Internet->Router->PC->WLAN-Repeater->D220 Pro.
via WLAN. Yes it will never send 1Gbps, but that is not the problem with the 1Gb connection to the Devialet, even DSD64 needs <10Gbps.

Please check this post https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...8#pid85978 (#278), and also the next one (#279).
WLAN speed limitation may act similar to USB 2 speed limitation from my post. Even your “technical” connection speed is 1000 Mbps, the “actual” connection speed (data traffic) is limited to less than 1000 Mbps by WLAN. As per thumb5 post #279, "Furthermore that limit on the bandwidth seems to avoid hitting the error condition".
Still, I cannot be sure this is happening in your situation also...
(04-Aug-2019, 20:41)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(04-Aug-2019, 18:30)Manfred Wrote:

Please check this post https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...8#pid85978 (#278), and also the next one (#279).
WLAN speed limitation may act similar to USB 2 speed limitation from my post. Even your “technical” connection speed is 1000 Mbps, the “actual” connection speed (data traffic) is limited to less than 1000 Mbps by WLAN. As per thumb5 post #279, "Furthermore that limit on the bandwidth seems to avoid hitting the error condition".
Still, I cannot be sure this is happening in your situation also...
What I described was for testing purpose only. I wanted to know if there are situations where the 1 Gb interface works. It did. I have read most of all the entrances in the forum. I think its not a bandwidth issue, its more a Network Layer2/Layer3 problem. In the scenario above with the repeater connected directly to the Devialet everything is Layer 3. Why did I the test, I want to simplify my environment (2 year's ago I had only 2.4Ghz Wifi) , but you really don't know the impact on AIR .-)
Well, the gigabit network worked nearly perfectly for me when I was just streaming normal CD rips and never had the problem when streaming MP3. So I don’t think it’s the gigabit network per se, but the higher volume being streamed from hi-res music at gigabit speed - or at least, that’s when the problem seems to manifest itself the most.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA