Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
108 dB or 103 dB?
Hi, I am no audiophile, just a regular listener. I like electronic music, bass boosted tracks, remixes, trance, house, pop, etc. I want to make a one-time investment in the highest sound quality speaker (not necessarily the loudest). which one should I go for, 108 dB phantom 1 or 103? What are really the differences in terms of sound quality? Thanks
(21-Jun-2021, 10:35)benji-sn Wrote: Hi, I am no audiophile, just a regular listener. I like electronic music, bass boosted tracks, remixes, trance, house, pop, etc. I want to make a one-time investment in the highest sound quality speaker (not necessarily the loudest). which one should I go for, 108 dB phantom 1 or 103? What are really the differences in terms of sound quality? Thanks

Both oke, but take two of them?
If your room is very large, then go 108dB. Otherwise 103 dB will be ok.

It is the view of many people here that you should get a pair instead of a single lonely one; a stereo pair sounds a lot better.
+1 on a stereo pair. I have a pair of 103's and for most rooms, it's just amazing.
Redefines what to expect when people say "full range" loudspeakers.
I cannot echo more the recommendation of those who say that you should go with a pair and not with a single one.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Two is at least four times as good as one!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage