Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 shipping
Hi!

I'm looking to purchase a 120 shortly, however I'm about to move countries in 2-3 months. I'm just wondering how protected the Devialet is in it's original shipping box, if I decide to send it by air with my shipping company ?. I could of course wait it out, and purchase one locally (in Australia), however well, that means waiting..which I'm not too keen on Smile .

Would you trust that it should be protected under normal circumstances ?
It's very well packed. I think it's triple-boxed from memory and the foam padding is extensive. I wouldn't worry.
Thanks for confirming that. Appreciated!. On a side note..Is the standard warranty, a worldwide warranty ? As in you should be able to take it back to any dealer for future repairs if needed ?. Or is it more country specific ?.
I think there was a discussion about the warranty, but it was over a year ago. As I recall, once the product is registered the 5 year warranty kicks in and I'm certain it follows your Dev, and is transferable.

I support Rufus' position about the packing. The unit is surrounded in foam, and is double boxed. I'd say it is extremely well protected in the factory packaging. The inside box looks pretty cool, as well. I even photographed the unboxing....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Opening the inside box is magical indeed!
I don't think I've ever experienced a better unboxing.
Oh no: unpacking the Atari 2600 back in the 80's at the age of 8 definitely beats it...
But the Devialet was close!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
haha, I can imagine, with the unboxing!
I just hope that they don't stack to much stuff ontop of it, when shipping hehe. Would have to cover it in many fragile stickers!.

Thanks again guys Smile
Are there not many factors here? What is the shipping time & cost, the relative cost of the amp locally and down under? I'd also consider the value of the goodwill from a dealer if you purchase locally.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Good questions. Pricing is very similar to Norway and Australia with the current exchange rate. Shipping will be done via air, and take 5-6 days. So they won't be in transit for long. Goodwill of a local distributor is a good point, especially for future purchases. Appreciate the feedback Smile
Oh, and import duties might be an issue. (My brother got utterly fleeced when he moved to Canada, I think he was charged $70 for a cheap old ironing board, amongst other things)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Warranty is international but in China, the local distributor has an agreement not to repair/service unit bought outside the country. However, Devialet will accept the unit back to its HQ for repair under warranty. They shipped me a UPS carton box to put my Le200 in which UPS will later pick it up and shipped it back to France.

In general case, I do agree to support the local dealer/distributor but I had a good deal on my Le200 while traveling in Munich and the price difference is more than 3500 Euro, if bought in China.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier