Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 upgraded from 110
First, thanks for any advice given, it will be appreciated.

I have the opportunity to acquire a used 120 at a great price, the previous owner and use is well known to me.

In researching further, it appears that this is one of the original 110s upgrade to 120.

I can do the spec comparison via online research, but am looking for an answer relating to the analog out daughter board add-on.

Is the analog out add on board able to be added to a 110 upgraded to a 120 or is this just a feature of the legacy 120?

Are there any other less than obvious differences I should be looking at?

Thanks again.

Room size, existing system, speakers etc. all make the 120 power and features otherwise meet my needs, but I would like the ability to add the 'out' functionality.

N
Hello,

Since no one has jumped in yet...the 120 and 110 are the same hardware, as far as I know. The additional power was provided by a firmware upgrade and the names were changed accordingly at the same time.

I'd expect an analog output board could be added irrespective of whether the unit started life as a 110 and had the firmware upgrade, or was shipped from the factory as a 120. You could perhaps check directly with Devialet if you need to be certain before buying.

Hope that helps!

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi,

I'll offer what I know, and what I've been told. I purchased my D120 in February, and the box says 110, but the unit said 120 when I started it up. A dealer has told me that the 110 and 120 are identical in terms of hardware. Only the firmware upgrade make the difference. I've also been told that the Pre out board can be purchased and retrofitted to the 120.

I believe you're as current as any of us with a D120.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks very much for the advice, this makes sense.
I had the opportunity to open up the 110 and it looked slightly different from the 120 on the install video.
- I think an email to Devialet is in order.
Appreciate the advice
N