Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 v 200
(10-May-2015, 00:54)Damon Wrote: Britian's Got Talent.... um.... well, this puts a different complexion on things. I'm afraid we're going to have to speak to your dealer and arrange for an immediate return of the Devialet. Sorry, just Forum policy. Nothing personal. Now if you had been listening to old episodes of the Eurovision Song Contest.... just kidding. Really.

Damon - There is a rumour going 'round that you are in fact a huge fan of Canada's got talent, although admittedly that is a much shorter broadcast ..... Angel
I too could have settled for the 120 but went for the 200 on discovering that the 120 didn't offer mc on the phono.
The 120 now offers MC too.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Well, at the risk of being ridiculed and stoned, whilst having the Devialet in my possession I unplugged it and put the Qute back in. There was a big drop on clarity and scale, but I do like the Naim sound, and couldn't justify the expense of the Devialet. However, whilst trawling the various Hi Fi sites, I found and have bought a used SuperUniti that is as new for £1800. Sitting here now listening, and it will do me for a while. I'm not saying Naim are any better, but right now, at the cost, this was the best option for me. Thanks for all the advice from you all and good luck
(14-May-2015, 09:16)Justin9960 Wrote: Well, at the risk of being ridiculed and stoned, whilst having the Devialet in my possession I unplugged it and put the Qute back in. There was a big drop on clarity and scale, but I do like the Naim sound, and couldn't justify the expense of the Devialet. However, whilst trawling the various Hi Fi sites, I found and have bought a used SuperUniti that is as new for £1800. Sitting here now listening, and it will do me for a while. I'm not saying Naim are any better, but right now, at the cost, this was the best option for me. Thanks for all the advice from you all and good luck

Well I hope you enjoy your SU. Its excellent value at £1800 and you will probably get your money back when you sell it on and finally upgrade to Devialet Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Thanks Phil, I love my Qute to bits, and wanted something more. I like the Devialet (which sounds better) but the difference in SQ was not worth the difference in cost to me. The used SU gives me more, at minimal cost, and as mentioned, should be a free listen for the foreseeable future.
Justin,
Excellent choice on the SU. Plenty of us here have great admiration for Naim, so I doubt any would criticize the move. I think the Qute is an excellent product, and the SU as well. Buying one used, for that price, is a solid choice. And great sound in a great package. One thing I still miss from the Naim is the really nice iRadio section of the Naim App. I haven't found any aftermarket apps that give the same selection of stations and the easy, uncluttered interface for internet radio.

Come back and visit from time to time.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
The SuperUniti is a great piece of kit. Prior to making the move to a Devialet 120 a few months ago, I owned a SU for a few years and loved it. It's very musical and should provide plenty to toe tapping sessions !
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(14-May-2015, 16:27)Damon Wrote: One thing I still miss from the Naim is the really nice iRadio section of the Naim App. I haven't found any aftermarket apps that give the same selection of stations and the easy, uncluttered interface for internet radio.

Funny, that was one of the main attractions for me, probably 80-90% of my listening is to Internet radio, and I agree, iRadio is a great feature. But I respect this is a Devialet forum, not Naim.