Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleasantly surprised even before my Devialet 200 arrived
I have been going to a dealer in London to look at the Devialet and finally decided that I would get the 200, and at a later date, if I feel the need, will upgrade to the 400, rather than get the 250. In addition to other factors (like cost), I also saw some good advice on this Chat Site.

Yesterday I went and paid a deposit for my deviate 200. The price was listed at 5990 GBP when I last saw it. When the dealer spoke to the distributor to check on the availability of stock, he was told that Devialet has dropped the price to 5170 GBP! I was delighted and paid my deposit.

I can only guess that Devialet is looking to deplete current stock and introduce a new model.

Any ideas/rumours you guys have heard?
Hi

Probably just exchange rate due to the weak euro.

a dealer on here recently confirmed there were no plans to discontinue the current models anytime soon

cheers

Chris
(17-May-2015, 16:13)Chris Marshall Wrote: Hi

Probably just exchange rate due to the weak euro.

a dealer on here recently confirmed there were no plans to discontinue the current models anytime soon

cheers

Chris

My first reaction was to think it was the exchange rate. But a 15% reduction seems quite a bit. Anyway, I'm not complaining.
(17-May-2015, 16:01)Raga Man Wrote: Yesterday I went and paid a deposit for my deviate 200. The price was listed at 5990 GBP when I last saw it. When the dealer spoke to the distributor to check on the availability of stock, he was told that Devialet has dropped the price to 5170 GBP! I was delighted and paid my deposit.

Sounds like you got the timing right Wink The current price of a 200 in France is €6,990 = £5,083 at the current exchange rate so a drop to £5,170 in the UK seems reasonable
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)