Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130 Pro USB skipping?
OK,
I'm helping out a friend with a new/used 130 pro
She connected her new mac book air to it to stream spotify and it 'skips' and crunches...
Its a Pro 130 with HW 6.0 and FW 10.1.0
CD player via line in - no problem

So I'VE brought my 2012 mac book pro along to trouble shoot.
Wi fi is working fine with a good signal and Qobuz in CD quality plays fine on:
- internal speakers
- Optical out into Devialet via Toslink

But USB (via a good quality chord USB cable that is known to work OK) cd quality stutters to a halt.. 320 streaming plays but skips every minute of so..

Any ideas?
She cant use optical out or AIR as she has a 2019 MBA with the latest Mac OS (Catalina).
Tx
Brendan
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Is this the same when those laptops are not connected to AC mains? If yes I’d say it’s a Devialet hardware problem.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Yes, my MBP was running on battery...
Sad
How are you playing? In particular which software are you using?

The thing that makes me suspicious is the fact that you have a different behavior between playing CD quality and streaming since I would suspect that both go through core audio and unless you are using a particular player, core audio should be resampling everything to the same frequency and bit depth(typically 48kHz/240) and therefore if you have a different behavior between the two, that would hint at a problem in the macintoshes/ OSes rather than the D130.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Are there any messages related to USB/audio in the macOS Console?

(I vaguely remember there were reports of problems with audio when Catalina was first released. Maybe worth a search in Google if you haven't done so already.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I think I have an answer by elimination. Both using core audio.
I used the Mac Book Pro on my Devialet 250 via USB and exactly the same problem.
Then swapped the USB connection to my 2012 Mac Mini (which usually drives the Devialet via AIR/Audirvana) - absolutely fine.

The difference?
Mac Mini 10.11.6 El Capitain
Mac Book Pro 10.13.6 High Sierra
So something weird on the OS side.....

Any ideas how to fix this?

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

(27-Dec-2019, 13:58)Antoine Wrote: Is this the same when those laptops are not connected to AC mains? If yes I’d say it’s a Devialet hardware problem.

(27-Dec-2019, 15:39)thumb5 Wrote: Are there any messages related to USB/audio in the macOS Console?

(I vaguely remember there were reports of problems with audio when Catalina was first released.  Maybe worth a search in Google if you haven't done so already.)

Nothing for audio I dont think, Just a lot of this...
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunes[94903]: Entered:_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:1563
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunesHelper[685]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:1563
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunesHelper[685]: tid:6603 - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunesHelper[685]: tid:6603 - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunes[94903]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:1563
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunes[94903]: tid:1ee9b - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary
Dec 28 22:21:33 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunes[94903]: tid:1ee9b - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid
Dec 28 22:21:35 Brendans-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.powerchime): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Dec 28 22:21:44 Brendans-MacBook-Pro iTunes[94903]: got ConnectionInvalid message
Dec 28 22:21:45 Brendans-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.powerchime): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1

Any more ideas on this.
Thinking of trying to find a Mac mini with OSK 10.11 or below, but seriously..... why isn't this working
I note its BOTH my 250 and my friend's 130.
Asked Devialet and they just suggested paying for an upgrade to pro CI!

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1