Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Gold Phantoms vs 220pro
Is it a good idea to consider swapping 2 Gold Phantoms for 220pro + Monitor Audio Gold (for instance)? I'm sure there will be some improvements in the soundstage, etc. But would you swap if you find a used 220pro for a reasonable price?
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

(22-Aug-2020, 10:24)liquitech Wrote: Is it a good idea to consider swapping 2 Gold Phantoms for 220pro + Monitor Audio Gold (for instance)? I'm sure there will be some improvements in the soundstage, etc. But would you swap if you find a used 220pro for a reasonable price?

I'd say that depends on what kind of music you want to listen to and how you like listening music. I have had both systems parallel for years (I have sold my 220Pro last weeks) and I switched between both systems.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
@liquitech
Double posting is not considered a good thing (on any forum). Your original thread from yesterday should suffice: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-2-Gold-P...-vs-220pro
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(22-Aug-2020, 13:26)midi Wrote:
(22-Aug-2020, 10:24)liquitech Wrote: Is it a good idea to consider swapping 2 Gold Phantoms for 220pro + Monitor Audio Gold (for instance)? I'm sure there will be some improvements in the soundstage, etc. But would you swap if you find a used 220pro for a reasonable price?

I'd say that depends on what kind of music you want to listen to and how you like listening music. I have had both systems parallel for years (I have sold my 220Pro last weeks) and I switched between both systems.
Thanks for the insight! I’m using two systems in the same room, switching them depending on what I wanna listen to. I guess I have to decide whether I wanna keep it this way or 1) get 220pro and sell Golds, 2) keep the Golds and sell the other system. Can’t justify having both in the same room for years. However, having a 50kg subwoofer while watching the movies brings me more joy than the Golds.
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

(22-Aug-2020, 15:16)ogs Wrote: @liquitech
Double posting is not considered a good thing (on any forum). Your original thread from yesterday should suffice: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-2-Gold-P...-vs-220pro

My apologies, still new to forums rules.