Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Phantom Gold maybe 2 more Phantom Silver?
Hello all,

I am a new Devialet user. I am very happy with my 2x phantom gold connected with Ethernet.
To be honest, I hate wifi, I wish all connection can go with Ethernet. Is it possible I can buy another 2x silver 3000w speaker pair with my gold? That will be 4.4 channel right? Can I use it with out a dialog?

What is different between 2000w and 3000w? Any hardware difference?
Thinking buying 2nd hand for my limited budget
Your recommendation is highly appreciated. Thank you very muchSmile
Welcome to the forum...

Have you upgraded to DOS2? If so, you do not need a Dialog. The latest firmware allows for multi room, which allows you to connect more than 2 Phantoms.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Multiroo...t-Alleluia

The Golds have the titanium tweeter, the silvers do not. To my ears, they make the Golds much better and I am unable to listen to the Silvers.
(19-Jun-2020, 04:20)Snoopy8 Wrote: Welcome to the forum...

Have you upgraded to DOS2?  If so, you do not need a Dialog. The latest firmware allows for multi room, which allows you to connect more than 2 Phantoms.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Multiroo...t-Alleluia

The Golds have the titanium tweeter, the silvers do not. To my ears, they make the Golds much better and I am unable to listen to the Silvers.

Hello Snoopy8,

thank you for your reply. Silver will be my rear left and right speaker not going to be my main one. Is it going to be huge different?
(19-Jun-2020, 04:52)philipno1 Wrote: Hello Snoopy8,

thank you for your reply. Silver will be my rear left and right speaker not going to be my main one. Is it going to be huge different?

To use Silver Phantoms as rear speakers is a good combination with Golds. Sonically they fit well to the Golds. Be careful that the Silvers you buy have Bluetooth. The first batch of Silvers (without BT) cannot be upgraded to DOS2. By the way all Silvers have 3000W, 2000W are Premiers or originally also called white Phantoms. Silver Phantoms are not anymore produced.
(19-Jun-2020, 06:28)streamy Wrote:

To use Silver Phantoms as rear speakers is a good combination with Golds. Sonically they fit well to the Golds. Be careful that the Silvers you buy have Bluetooth. The first batch of Silvers (without BT) cannot be upgraded to DOS2. By the way all Silvers have 3000W, 2000W are Premiers or originally also called white Phantoms. Silver Phantoms are not anymore produced.
Hi Streamy,

thank you very much for your information. I will be careful while buying second hand speakers. I found a seller that is selling two silver speakers. about $1500 each. Do you think it worth it (3 years old) ?
I wouldn’t buy 3 year old Silvers as this seems to be about the age problems can come up and they can’t be repaired.
(19-Jun-2020, 08:57)philipno1 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 06:28)streamy Wrote:

Hi Streamy,

thank you very much for your information. I will be careful while buying second hand speakers. I found a seller that is selling two silver speakers. about $1500 each. Do you think it worth it (3 years old) ?

I can only say that I have so far never had a problem with a Phantom, but replaced two Silvers by Golds when there was a special offer to „gold your Phantom“ after about 2 years of having them. My third Silver from 2015 still works seamless on daily basis no issues, rock solid. However, 1500$ for a 3 year old consumer device seems to me quite high, considering that there is no warranty and a new Phantom Premier that has 1000W less costs ‚only‘ about 2000 USD and has only 2dB less SPL.
(19-Jun-2020, 22:11)streamy Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 08:57)philipno1 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 06:28)streamy Wrote: To use Silver Phantoms as rear speakers is a good combination with Golds. Sonically they fit well to the Golds. Be careful that the Silvers you buy have Bluetooth. The first batch of Silvers (without BT) cannot be upgraded to DOS2. By the way all Silvers have 3000W, 2000W are Premiers or originally also called white Phantoms. Silver Phantoms are not anymore produced.
Hi Streamy,

I can only say that I have so far never had a problem with a Phantom, but replaced two Silvers by Golds when there was a special offer to „gold your Phantom“ after about 2 years of having them. My third Silver from 2015 still works seamless on daily basis no issues, rock solid. However, 1500$ for a 3 year old consumer device seems to me quite high, considering that there is no warranty and a new Phantom Premier that has 1000W less costs ‚only‘ about 2000 USD and has only 2dB less SPL.
Dear Streamy,

I found second hand phantom Gold only 735 eur in Germany amazon . It is really a good price, so I will upgrade to 4 phantom gold. Smile
Rodrat2I wouldn’t buy 3 year old Silvers as this seems to be about the age problems can come up and they can’t be repaired.

thank you for your suggestion. I am planning to buy second hand phantom gold with eur 745 Smile on Gere many amazon
(21-Jun-2020, 05:50)philipno1 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 22:11)streamy Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 08:57)philipno1 Wrote: Hi Streamy,

Dear Streamy,

I found second hand phantom Gold only 735 eur in Germany amazon . It is really a good price, so I will upgrade to 4 phantom gold. Smile
Dear Streamy and Phlipno,

Have either of you received a confirmation of the products being actually sent yet?
I've ordered two Phantom Gold's as well, to upgrade my single Phantom White.
I can't stop thinking that this has to be a fake offer though, because the price is just way to low.